This page describes our policies regarding the collection, process, use and disclosure of the users’ personal data. By using this website service(s), you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Symposia Srl (hereinafter referred to as the “Holder” or “Symposia”) wants to inform users about the use of their personal data, log files and cookies collected while surfing the website http://icep2021.com/ (hereinafter, the “Website”), while subscribing Symposia newsletter service (hereinafter, the “Newsletter”) and /or using other services provided by the processor (hereinafter “Other services”) described in details in the following paragraph: “Types of data and purpose of processing”.
The informative is provided for Symposia Srl website only and not for another website eventually browsed via link. The collected data will be processed in accordance with the principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency and privacy and rights protection of the data subject.
During or following the use of this website, the data on identified or identifiable persons may be processed. The “owner” of their processing is Symposia Srl, located in Via Augusto Riboty, 21 00195 Rome (Italy), Fiscal Code: 08521040587 – VAT n. 02078261001, phone +39 06 397725540, fax +39 06 397725541 and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data processing Place
The data processing operations connected to this website take place at the above-mentioned location and are handled only by personnel in charge of data processing, or by persons in charge of occasional maintenance operations.
The personal data provided by users submitting specific requests are used for the only purpose of carrying out the service or the performance required and they are reported to third parties only if necessary for the same purpose.
Types of data and purpose of processing
The computer systems and the software procedures operating this website during their normal function collect some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information are not collected in order to be associated with identified interests, but by their very nature, through development processing and association with data held by third parties, could allow users to be identified.
This category of data includes IP addresses or computer domain names used by the website users, the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) addresses of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the file size obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server and other parameters related to the operating system and the user’s computer environment, such as the type of browser and device parameters used for connect to the Site and the name of the Internet service provider (ISP).
Further information on the user’s browsing – such as the ones listed below – can also be collected:
- date and time of visit
- origin (referral) and exit web pages
- the number of clicks within one or more pages of the site.
These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and to check /improve its functioning.
Data voluntary provided by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary e-mail submission to the addresses indicated on this site involves the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address – necessary to answer requests – as well as of the personal data contained in the message. On the website it is possible to subscribe our Newsletter as well as to register to our Events. By filling out the relative forms, the user consent to the processing of their personal data for the following purposes:
- to execute the Newsletter and/or Events registration service, updating the subscribers on the news and initiatives of Symposia;
- to invite users to events, seminars, congresses, conferences, refresher training, FAD, training activities etc.;
- to work on the received BID throughout CV sending and the connected staff recruitment process;
- to meet the administrative and accounting obligations related to the use of the Newsletter and other services (for example, for any requests for information, for complaints, for the invoicing etc.);
- to meet the legal obligations;
- to carry out the technical management of the site;
- to carry out activities of so-called “profiling”, in order to offer users a more specific and customized newsletter service (and possibly other services) customized according to their interests and areas of activity.
By filling out the Events registration form, the user consent to the use of photograph(s) and/or electronic media images and/or videos where the person subject is included therein, taken by the Holder for production and use, which the said person may appear in websites and social media pages owned by Symposia, as well as publications, print advertisements, promotional and/or informative material produced and distributed by the Holder.
The Newsletter and the Other services can be provided through automated tools (for example, e-mail, SMS, MMS, calls without operator, etc.).
Data provided by users will be processed mainly with IT tools under the authority of the Data Controller, by persons specifically appointed, authorized and instructed to the processing pursuant to art. 30 of the Privacy Code and articles 28 and 29 of the Privacy Regulation. Suitable security measures will also be observed, also pursuant to art. 5 and 32 of the Privacy Regulation to prevent data loss, illicit or incorrect use and unauthorized access.
Categories of personal data recipients
For the purposes mentioned above, personal data can be made accessible:
- to public authorities, where this is required by law or upon their request;
- to the employees and collaborator of the Controller, in their quality of designated authorized to data processing;
- to third parties who perform organizational support activities on behalf of the Data Controller, in their quality of controllers.
These subjects are required to the data processing policy under the law and the regulations applicable, ensuring their security and confidentiality. They will be also required to undertake not to use nor to disclose the data for purposes other than necessary for the supply/provision of the requested service.
Data processing mode and responsible
Personal data are processed with automated and non-automated tools for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are collected.
Specific security measures are adopted in order to prevent data loss, illicit or incorrect use and unauthorized access.
For the provision of the different services offered, the compliance with the European privacy legislation is guaranteed as follows:
- data processing for the event subscription take place through the management software SEM 2000 (all information available at this link);
- data processing for administrative and accounting operations take place through the management software TeamSystem (more information available at this link);
- data processing for the Newsletter issue and for information to participants registered to the events promoted or carried out by Symposia takes place via the web-based platform MailChimp (all the information available at: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy);
Voluntary nature of data release
Except as specified regarding the web browsing data, the user can provide personal data whenever requested in dedicated site sections.
The non-provision of the data may, however, result in the inability to accomplish the requested service(s).
For the purposes of issuing the Newsletter – as well as for the purposes referred to in the previous paragraph – the release of personal data by users is a necessary condition for providing the service(s) that the user subscribed to.
Regarding the other services, data release is not mandatory but optional to the purposes described above.
The lack of consent exclusively implies the impossibility of receiving the services, as well as receiving the Newsletter – and possibly other services – more specific in relation to their interests and areas of activity.
Without prejudice to legal obligations, the users’ personal data will be stored for a specified period determined on the basis of the Newsletter issue duration and/or other possible services, as well as on the need for judicial protection of rights.
In any case, the storage duration will meet current legal data retention requirements – provided that users have not requested prior cancellation.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Symposia may retain certain personal users’ data even after the request for termination of treatment and this exclusively to defend or assert its own right, or in the cases provided for by law or by order of a judicial or administrative authority.
Through the site, the users’ personal data are processed in compliance with the applicable law and pursuant to art. 5 and 32 of the Privacy Regulation, using appropriate security measures to prevent the data loss, unauthorized access or illicit or incorrect use such as theft, disclosure, modification or unauthorized destruction such as the adoption of appropriate security measures.
In addition to the categories – and related purposes – mentioned above, the collected data could be transmitted to the International Association for Applied Psychology (IAAP) and/or its Divisions. With this exception, personal data will not be subjected to disclosure.
Rights of data subject
Pursuant to art. 7 of the Privacy Code and s.m.i. and referred to in art. 15, 16, 17, 18, 20 and 21 of the Privacy Regulation, the subjects to whom the personal data refer have the right – at any time – to:
- obtain confirmation on whether or not the same data exist;
- know its content and origin, verify its accuracy, request its integration, updating or correction;
- request its cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or the blocking of data processed in violation of the law;
- oppose in any case – for legitimate reasons – to their treatment.
These requests must be addressed to the Data Controller.
Communications may be made by sending a written request:
- by ordinary post, at the address indicated in the paragraph dedicated to the Data Controller;
- by e-mail at the address: email@example.com.
This information is subject to changes by the Data Controller.
Symposia will communicate any changes to users by e-mail, with adequate notice compared to the date of application of the new information.